With a little more than a month left in the semester, it's time to celebrate our upcoming graduates and all they’ve accomplished during their time at UW-Stout.
The 2023 Fall Commencement ceremonies will be on Saturday, Dec. 16, at Johnson Fieldhouse:
- Undergraduate Ceremony: 10 a.m.
- Graduate Ceremony: 2 p.m.
Your student can check their UW-Stout email for their ceremony details.
Undergraduate students will receive five tickets. No additional tickets will be available through the Commencement Office. Doors will open 45 minutes prior to each ceremony. All guests will need a ticket to enter Johnson Fieldhouse. Children 3 and under do not need a ticket. A remote viewing area is available on the second floor of the Memorial Student Center.
Tickets will not be required for the Graduate Ceremony. Guest seating is first come, first seated. Doors will open 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
The ceremonies will be live-streamed, and recordings can be viewed on the Commencement Website. Please see the Commencement FAQ page for more information.
A Grad Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 16, in the Memorial Student Center ballrooms.
Here are things your graduating student needs to know:
- They can pick up their commencement tickets with their Stout ID card. They can also request their tickets be mailed by filling out the ticket request form.
- They can pick up their diploma cover (if they’re not participating in person), get their Honors Cords if applicable, purchase commencement regalia, take professional headshots with Empire Photography and wrap up any senior check-out requirements.
- After the fair, materials can be picked up at the Memorial Student Center Service Center desk.
Your student can purchase their cap and gown at Stoutfitters, our campus store, or online through Herff Jones. Orders close Nov. 17.