The University of Wisconsin – Stout prepares students for careers through applied learning and research, professional experiences, and collaborative partnerships to benefit a global society. As Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, we fulfill our mission through a curriculum that combines interdisciplinary knowledge and discipline-specific technical skills with critical thinking, creative problem-solving, communication, and social and ethical reasoning skills to better the human condition. We offer career-focused undergraduate and graduate programs for diverse students, in a variety of in-person, hybrid, and virtual modalities, organized around career clusters that include:
- science, technology, engineering and mathematics;
- art and design;
- business and management;
- social and behavioral sciences;
- information technology and communications; and
- health sciences and human services.
University of Wisconsin-Stout prepares lifelong learners, ethical leaders and responsible citizens in an equitable, inclusive, and sustainable environment through collaborative career-focused programs that integrate applied learning, theory and research. We will advance our position as a future-focused polytechnic institution and as a regional, national and international leader in higher education in a diverse society.
- Learning: The advancement of academic excellence and commitment to inclusive, accessible education as a means to illuminate the lives of all.
- Skill: The ideals of collaboration, competence and continuous improvement.
- Industry: The pursuit of innovation, technology and sustainability with a constant eye to an equitable future.
- Honor: The nobility of spirit, a diversity of people, respect and inclusion for all.
Our Polytechnic Tenets
Learn by doing as early as your freshman year in our interactive learning environments. We have 3 times as many labs as classrooms on campus! Get your hands on experiential learning opportunities like undergraduate research and paid co-ops where you can earn while you learn.
Choose from distinctive majors within six career clusters to explore what you're passionate about. Network at our career fairs—some of the largest in the Midwest—or with the 1,500 employers nationwide who actively recruit Stout students. 98% of our grads are employed within six months of graduation.
Connect with the leaders in your field who are making a difference within and outside the classroom. UW-Stout is a recognized leader in creating partnerships with businesses and non-profit organizations who infuse their expertise into each of our programs. As a student here, you'll collaborate with these partners and our award-winning faculty to solve real-world problems.