UW-Stout's Bachelor of Science in Individualized Studies (BS IS) builds upon the academic strength and framework of Stout's online customized instruction (CI) programs. The unique program is designed for returning adults, transfer, and reentry students seeking to advance their careers with degree completion. Your custom bachelor's degree will be built on what you have already learned and accomplished in school, work, and life.
The student-focused curriculum integrates college credits and prior life experiences with relevant coursework and rigorous hands-on experiences across multiple disciplines. Our degree-completion program is designed to encourage creativity and allow you to pursue vocational goals outside of a discipline-specific major.
- Demonstrate the application of skills with identified professional and academic goals.
- Advance communication and critical thinking skills through research and real-world problem-solving.
- Synthesize prior knowledge and skills from multidisciplinary fields to communicate and achieve career goals.
- Apply appropriate research methods and critically analyze findings.
- Articulate life and ongoing learning experiences using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Integrate knowledge and critical ways of thinking using applied approaches, products, and processes.
Whether you want to enhance the work you are doing or prepare for future career goals, your Individualized Studies degree will give you the knowledge and experience you need to take your career to the next level.