- Students move to campus two weeks before the start of the fall semester to get to know the campus.
- Participate in workshops on transitioning to college.
- Students take two common courses together.
- Fundamentals of Speech in the fall semester.
- General Psychology or Introduction to Peace Studies in the spring semester.
- Students meet with the Stoutward Bound advisor and peer mentors for intentional one-on-one attention providing a link to campus resources, offer encouragement and support.
- Participants are encouraged to live on campus.
- Live on the Multicultural Living Community - First Year Experience floor.
- Academic support through student outreach and community study sessions.
- Students will be given opportunities for personal growth through workshops, community activities and leadership development.
"100% of the 2019-2020 participants would recommend Stoutward Bound to incoming freshmen."
"The retention rate for the Stoutward Bound 2018-19 participants was at 85%. The one-year retention rate is how many participants persisted into the second year (fall-to-fall comparison)."