Research Day is an annual celebration of the polytechnic applied learn and research, creativity, and innovation of students and faculty at UW-Stout. It is just one in a series of spectacular end-of-year events forming the Stout Showcase, events that celebrate and share the results of career-focused applied learning and collaboration from the past academic year.
The event, which is free and open to the public, offers a venue for students and faculty from all fields to share the results of their ground-breaking research, scholarly or artistic projects with the public and with their peers. Through posters, exhibits, demonstrations, oral presentations, and videos, students and faculty share what they've learned, created, and innovated with business, industry and community partners.
Research Day 2023
On Campus: May 2 | Online: May 1-5
Join the Chancellor, Provost, and other UW-Stout leadership in person on May 2, 2023. Connect with students and faculty directly to learn more about their projects and how their research will enhance and revolutionize the way we live, work and understand the world. Also join online May 1 - May 5, 2023, to check out additional projects by viewing videos and digital posters and engaging with the presenters through discussion boards.
- WiSys Quick Pitch Competition: May 2, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (Memorial Student Center, Great Hall) *Refreshments Served*
- Posters and Exhibits (Session A): May 2, 1:30-3:00 p.m. (Memorial Student Center, Great Hall and Ballrooms)
- Oral Presentations: May 2, 3:00-4:30 p.m. (Memorial Student Center, Great Hall) *Refreshments Served*
- Posters and Exhibits (Session B): May 2, 4:30-6:00 p.m. (Memorial Student Center, Great Hall and Ballrooms)
- Award Ceremony: May 2, 6:00-6:30 p.m. (Memorial Student Center, Great Hall) *Refreshments Served*
- Virtual Presentations: May 1 - May 5 (online only)
UW-Stout, Memorial Student Center, 302 10th Ave E, Menomonie, WI 54751 - Find a campus map here.
Find information on guest parking here. Lots 14, 18, 27 and 29 (shown here) are the nearest to the Memorial Student Center for guest parking. Parking before 4 pm requires payment in the meter; parking after 4 pm is free.
- Join us online at https://uws-ce.instructure.com/enroll/YMY83K from May 1 through May 5.
- Or sign up at https://uws-ce.instructure.com/register
- Use YMY83K as the join code.
- Community Members: select “UW Continuing Education Student” and then “Need a Canvas Account” to set up account and then register for “Research Day 2023” course.
- UW-Stout Faculty, Staff and Students: Log in through the “UW Employee/Faculty/Student” option.
- Note: Presenters will respond to attendee questions and comments throughout the week.