WHAT MAKES THE CYBERSECURITY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DIFFERENT?
- UW-Stout has received a Fast Forward Grant from Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development. This grant will help hosting employers pay the intern’s wages. This grant gives employers an opportunity to host a UW-Stout student intern without worrying about finances.
HOW DO I SEARCH FOR A POSITION?
- Students will not conduct a traditional job search; instead, they will apply with a single application and participating employers will review application materials and contact candidates of interest.
WHERE WILL I BE WORKING?
- Positions may be onsite, hybrid, or remote.
CAN I ONLY WORK FOR THE PARTICIPATING EMPLOYERS?
- Yes, participating employers have been recruited and vetted to participate in this grant-funded program.
HOW LONG IS THE INTERNSHIP?
- It will vary by company. The grant will fund up to 240 hours of work. Some positions will be short, others will be long. All work must be completed by June 30, 2024. Students should work to understand the position and expectations prior to accepting the job.
DO I HAVE TO ENROLL IN CREDIT TO PARTICIPATE?
- No, students are not required to enroll in credit for this work experience. If a student is interested in seeking credit for this work experience, they will be eligible for UW-Stout’s Co-op and Internship Program. To start the course enrollment process for work experience credit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (F-1 International students will need to enroll to access CPT)
DO STUDENTS WORK AND TAKE CLASSES AT THE SAME TIME?
- Most students will work part-time and enroll in coursework; hours per week will vary.
WILL I BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE?
- No, this is a voluntary program. If interested, apply as directed above. This grant will serve 35-40 students during the 2023-2024 academic year.
DO THE POSITIONS POSTED ON HANDSHAKE QUALIFY FOR THIS PROGRAM?
- No, these grant-funded internship positions are not posted on Handshake. UW-Stout has a select group of employers who have expressed interest in participating in this program. Student application materials will be sent directly to the participating employers for review and consideration.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET OFFERED A JOB I DO NOT LIKE?
- Do not accept the position? Tell the employer thanks but no thanks.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET HIRED?
- Congratulations! Your employer will notify UW-Stout. You can also notify Professor Holly Yuan email@example.com Decide if you want to earn academic credit for this work experience, if so report your position in the Co-op & Internship Portal to start the enrollment process. Begin to work with your employer to plan your arrival date, and weekly schedule and discuss required training and onboarding etc.