Catering FAQ

Have questions about University Catering? We have answers.
In this Section
Do you cater off campus?

Absolutely! We can cater up to 5 miles from Menomonie at no additional cost. There are additional charges for any distance beyond 5 miles.

What information should I gather prior to making contact to

These are helpful facts to have when you call: 

  • Name of your event
  • Date of your event
  • Time of your event (begin & end times)
  • Delivery and/or service time for food/meal.
  • Location of event
  • Room reservation number if being held on campus
  • Number of people expected
  • Do you need linens?
  • Will you use china service?
  • Any special dietary needs? Please mention at time of placing order

Room arrangements and technical equipment/service requests are handled by the Reservation Office on campus.
Once you have the basics of your event planned please contact the catering manager at or 715-232-1524

Do you provide anything that is vegetarian, vegan, or gluten

Please look through our expansive menu to consider a number of options for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options (see link above). We always work with the customer to create a dish that will satisfy any dietary restriction or food allergy. If you have specific questions, please call for more information.

What if someone in our group has food allergies?

We request if you do have a food allergy that you please bring it to our attention in advance. We will happily work with our executive chef and dietician to meet your needs.

Do you serve alcohol?

Yes, but only for events held on the campus and approved for such service.

We provide full bar service including mixed drinks, beer and wine. Please ask about the University Alcohol Policy.

Do you have restrictions on bar service?

Yes, we have restrictions on barrels of beer served to a group that has been approved for such service. 

The University policy on the amount of barrel beer that you can offer your guest is a ¼ barrel per 100 people. The barrel is determined by your final dinner count. (Example: 100 people = ¼ barrel or 200 people = 1/2 barrel.)

What are the minimum amounts for breaks and meals?

Refreshment: Limit to $5 per person per break - 1 morning and 1 afternoon break is allowed.

Meal limits are:

  • $8.00 for lunch
  • $10.00 for dinner
  • $20.00 per person/day

For more information, visit UW System Administrative Policy SYS 420, Travel & Expense M&IE Per Diem Allowance Reimbursements

When do I make my payment?

You will be sent an invoice after the event, once all the charges have been totaled. Typically invoices should be received within 2 weeks of your event.

What colors are available for the linens?

We have numerous options available for linen color, depending on timeliness and availability. To inquire about a specific color, please call us at 715-232- 3463 or stop in Room 224 of the Memorial Student Center.

What happens to the leftover food?

Orders are tailored to provide the least leftover food possible. For health and safety reasons we DO NOT ALLOW customers to remove leftover food from the premises.

How much coffee, punch, or juice should I order?

 A gallon usually serves 15-20 people.

How many cookies, bars, or scones should I order?

A tray of these is one dozen, but usually figure that one person will eat 1.5-2 of any of these, depending on the service time.