Detailed M Permit Information
Motorcycles and mopeds receive the same permit and are governed by similar regulations but may park in slightly different areas.
Motorcycle permits are valid in signed cycle pads (areas noted on campus maps).
Mopeds: your vehicle is a moped if it is licensed as a moped. If so, "MOPED" will be printed on your Wisconsin license plate (or equivalent designation in another state).
Moped permits are valid in signed cycle pads, moped only areas and bicycle racks around residence halls only.
Caution: Mopeds cannot be operated on a pedestrian walkway or campus bike route. Operation of a motor vehicle on a walkway is a violation of both university regulations and state traffic laws.
Please note that motorcycle/moped permits are not valid in vehicle parking spaces.
Overnight parking for motorcycles: cycle pads in lots 4, 21, 27, 32. Mopeds: motorcycle pads in lots 4, 21, 27, 32 or in bike racks near residence halls.
Motorcycle/Moped permits are not refundable.
A discounted permit ($10/year) is available to staff who also purchase a vehicle permit. That discount will become available after you purchase your vehicle permit.
- Commuter lots (day parking): 1, 10, 14, 18, 27, 29, 30
- Housing lots (24 hour parking): 4, 21, 27, 32
- Do not park anywhere except in a signed motorcycle pad/area.
- Do not park in a designated moped-only pad.
- A designated motorcycle pad in commuter lots (day parking): 1, 10, 14, 18, 27, 29, 30
- A designated motorcycle pad in lots (24 hour parking): 4, 21, 27, 32
- Moped-only pads
- South of Bowman Hall
- South of Sorensen Hall (formerly Millennium Hall)
- South of Swanson Learning Center
- West and South of Lot 18
- North of Lot 3 on North campus
- A bicycle rack ONLY near a residence hall - (directly adjacent to a residence hall).
- When parking near bike racks do not block walkway paths or building entrances. Mopeds cannot be operated on sidewalks to access bike parking areas.